Thursday, June 4, 2009

T-Shirt Quilts

When I first did a demo on t-shirt quilts, I did it becasue there were many who were interested in creating on from their own shirts. I had no desire to do one, but after preparing for the demo I decided to do one for myself, yes, for me. I don't wear t-shirts much, except when I actually work out :) but found I had a decent collection from family reunions, and a few other activities I had participated in during my children's teenage years. I didn't realize I had so many memories tied up in these t-shirts. Here is what I came up with...

I had so much fun creating my own, I decided to do one for my daughter Sarah who had a huge collection she wanted in her quilt. I we were laying it out, it was fun to have her share with me some of her memories from each of the shirts. This is what I put together for her... I wanted to add this one to the post today. A friend from my Ward sewed this for her husband, then they had me quilt and bind it. I think she did such a fantastic job, I wanted you to see it. I'm sure you can see why I have been getting excited about t-shirt quilts. They hold a lot of memories, and it's a way to share them with others. I have two more in progress for some friends.
You may want to check back at earlier post with more pictures of t-shirt quilts that have been done.

If you know someone who wants a t-shirt quilt done with their t-sirts, they are welcome to come to our quilt group on Thursdays, or I am now taking orders to do them for people, just email me for pricing.

1 comment:

Merlene Lanier said...

Hi Jolene:
How about doing a tutorial on t-shirt quilts for those of us who can't come over to your house.
Thanks