Wednesday, June 24, 2009

'I Spy' Quilts

Several years ago I started collecting material for an 'I Spy' quilt. I found a lot of really fun material to use! Since I didn't wanted any two pieces the same, I ended up with enough material to share and trade. I wanted to try something different, so I sewed the blocks with a fold to make the black squares, like origami. It is way cool, but takes time.
My sister made one too. like mine.
span class="blsp-spelling-error" id="SPELLING_ERROR_0">>>Mom dedided to put some of the squares together, but instead of the folded squares, she used sashing. It looks great too. I made one like this for my oldest daughters graduation as well.
If anyone is interested in giving this a try, I still have squares to trade :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Christine and I have been TOTALLY BITTEN by this idea. We can't wait to start making our I-Spy quilts. We're collecting some for you, too!