Thursday, May 28, 2009

Quilting Field Trip

Today was SOOOO much fun! Instead of sewing this afternoon, the Quilting Group took a field trip to Richmonds quilt shop, The Quilting Cottage. Jan gave us a great demo on Kalidascope Quilts, then we all did some looking around deciding on new projects and then Jan took us to a great place for lunch. The food and company were so good!
I was so inspired with the Kalidascope demonstration that I had to try a square out when I got home.
This is the material I had that I wanted to try it out with....

These are the two different squares it made. Don't they look great!!!!! I can't wait to do more.

2 comments:

Amy Do. said...

They turned out great! I love the effect of the people and the blue stripe looks lovely. I'm glad you're trying it out first to get it all figured out before I jump in.

Melissa (Irving) Meldrum said...

That looks so cool mom! Oh, and you totally can come help with the quiet book and all my other projects too!!! Enjoy sewing!