Saturday, April 3, 2010

Hobby Lobby Transfer

I started working for Hobby Lobby, the Tomball location, November 2009. I have loved working there and have been able to associate with some way cool people! I love working in the fabric department to see and hear all the great projects people are doing.

In February, life took an unexpected turn and I found myself heading to Utah. My managers at Hobby Lobby contacted the store in South Jordan to see if I could transfer to their store. I was fortunate that the transfer did happen and I have once again found myself working with some great people at Hobby Lobby. I am only working part time because of my other responsibilities here but I am greatly enjoying the experience.

I had pictures myself at 50 (which I turned this month) playing with grandchildren every day and quilting, instead I found it is a season of working in 'the real world'. I have surprised myself - finding I am enjoying the work experience.

I am grateful for good employment in a time when unemployment is so high.

No comments: