Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Snowmen Quilt

This pattern is a 'Block by the Month' project. Tori and I found it over 15 years ago at the International Quilt Festival. We both began work on the hand applique blocks, taking a brake to make some into pillows as Christmas gifts one year. Then life took over and our blocks were set on the back burner for many years! During that time, my 2 sisters saw the pattern and wanted to make one as well. Both Paula and Merlene finished theirs before Tori and I, but we are back on schedule to have ours completed this year. :)
Remember, all 4 pictures are of the same pattern, everyone just chose their own colors - you can see what a difference the colors make, really shows personality.
The one is mine, I mainly used scraps I had from other projects. I just want to add one more boarder...
My oldest sister, Paula, did this one. I love the natural tones she chose! Merlene did this one, my mom is hand quilting it for her (as well as Paula's, she will do mine when it is completed). The natural tones with the red are very warm and inviting.
Tori still needs a boarder or two... I love the darker red boarders pulling this one together.
Now that the ladies in the quilting group have seen these quilts, there are a few who are wanting to do their own. It is a great pattern!

No comments: