Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Crazy Christmas Quilts

Crazy Quilts are a lot of fun because of the varity of fabrics you can use. This first one is a stack and wack. I was able to use a large stash of Christmas material I had collected over the years, there was enough to make 2 twin size quilts. The quilting is poinsetta's, it shows up really nicely on the back, but doesn't show too well in the pictures. Maybe you will want to come by and visit me and I will show you how prety the quilting really is :)
This one is from my collections of "Snowmen" fabric. I didn't use a pattern, I just started to sew whatever size scraps I had until they made a big enough square, then sewed all the big squares together. For the back, I used lage pieces of the snowman fabric, it gave it a nice look. You can't see it but the quilting is snowflakes.


No comments: