Monday, August 24, 2009

Almost done!

Lisa joined us to make a sampler quilt, her first! Here she is with her last block, she said it was probably the funnest one of all. Now working on the sashing, it is fast on its way to completion. I asked her to write up something about her experience. This is what she had to say...
"I am happy to have the opportunity to join this quilting group, still very unsure of myself. I had not sewn in several year and had never made a quilt. Each seek learning a new sill and being around enthusiastic women helped me as I looked forward to going to quilting.

The first block I completed I was shaking just trying to do it, with much help I completed it and was thrilled. I couldn't wait to learn more skills and techniques, thus completing each block (with much help). I unpicked many wrong seams, laid the blocks wrong, but someone was always willing to help me. These women are wonderful to be around.

With my last block completed and laid all out I couldn't believe all I had completed. Then the sashing is made and put into place it looked like a QUILT! I was jumping up and down, I was so excited. I had really made a quilt top.

I love this quilting group. All the help they have given me, the skills I have learned and the wonderful women to be with.

Can't wait to see what's next????"
---Lisa

No comments: