Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Quilts for China

My mom told me about a great project she made some quilts for. I asked her to send me a picture so I could show you and tell you about it. Here is what the flyer she got said:
"The Dixie Quilt Guild in St. George has been making quilts for about 400 girls in an orphanage in China. These are handicapped girls, ages 8 -18 who sleep on 2 foot wide boards, with no bedding of any kind and it gets very cold in China. They have been wearing several layers of clothing trying to stay warm. A company from St. George is making foam mattresses for these girls, but the children need quilts. Any kind, tied, machine quilted, fun, colorful! They need to be about 45x72. Right now they have 250 quilts, but are in need of 150 more and are asking for our help. Bill, from St. George, is going to China the end of July and wants to take each of these girls a quilt."
Mom said: " I don't know who is going all of this, but I just wanted to add to the quilts and Claudia is taking the ones from here to Salt Lake when she goes on Thursday."
So she made up these 3 quilts to send. I think the girls in China will love them!

No comments: